Time Flies When You're Having Fun!!!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

34 Weeks

We had a little scare this week.  Marcus went out of town on Tuesday for a few days.  He is working with some SAGE students exploring canyons and all kinds of other fun stuff.   We debated on whether or not he should go.  We decided that since I am only 34 weeks it's unlikely I would go into labor.  So Wednesday (yesterday) I woke up and felt different.  I was having some cramping and aching.  It was on and off pretty much all day.  Crazy, paranoid me thought it was early signs of preterm labor.   Luckly I had an appointment already scheduled this morning at 9:00 am.  Dr. S was not too concerned when I told him my symptoms.  He said that many woman have the same pains late in their pregnancy.  He went ahead and checked my cervix to make sure it was still closed, and it was.  So...THANKFULLY Addison and Avery are still cooking for the time being. : )  I was also able to get a sono today.  Addison and Avery both look great!  We figured out why I was cramping yesterday.  Avery and Addison both decided they wanted to BOTH be head down.  Everyone knows that the Hodges do not have small heads SOOOO my uterus had to make a lot of room for their big heads and that means A LOT of stretching! : )  Both girls weigh 4 lbs 13 ozs. and they both have a lot of hair.  Randy, our sono guy, told me to bring lots of bows to the hospital!  : )

Marcus and I cannot wait to meet the girls BUT, at the same time,  we want them to stay in as long as they can (36 weeks hopefully) so they don't have to spend much time in the NICU.  The worst would be having to leave the girls in the hospital, or to leave even just one of the girls in the hospital.  That would break our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment